Ready to start cooking? Jump to the recipe.
Garbanzo beans are protein-packed, making them a super snack to reach for when afternoon hunger pangs hit. Fresh out of the oven, they make the perfect crunchy party nibbles.
Spicy Roasted Garbanzo Beans
- Preheat oven to 400˚F (200˚C). Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Dry the garbanzo beans between paper towels on top of a cutting board, removing any skins that might come off the beans (make sure they’re as dry as possible to get the best crunch), then put them in a mixing bowl.
- Toss the garbanzo beans with the olive oil and desired salt and pepper until all are well-coated.
- Spread the beans on the cookie sheet so that they are all flat on the sheet, then put in the oven.
- Roast for 10 minutes, then open the oven and give them a toss so that they turn brown on all sides. Roast for another 10–15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let cool, then toss with the garlic and chili flake seasoning, as well as the juice of half a lemon, if using.