Smoothie bowls are a huge food trend, especially on Instagram, where photos of the colorful bowls abound. Simply blend ingredients, pour into a bowl, add some creative toppings, and eat with a spoon. We’re featuring three gorgeous smoothie bowls from our community, so check them out for some inspiration, then learn how to make them and share them with us!
When it’s 85 degrees, having a smoothie bowl for every meal is acceptable, right? For a sustainable smoothie bowl habit, Belinda of @beachsidekitchen tries to avoid smoothies with sugary juices and sorbets that leave you with a sugar crash. Instead, she packs her bowls with protein, fiber, healthy fats, and lots of veggies. Pro tip: For any of you who are nervous about using veggies in smoothies, start with neutral veggies like spinach or frozen zucchini. They blend up super easily and won’t overpower your smoothies, and they’re a great way to get those daily greens! Belinda recommends a 2:1 ratio of veggie to fruit, but feel free to work your way up to more veggies.
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup frozen zucchini
- 1 frozen banana
- 3/4 cup cashew milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 tablespoon Organic Milled Flax Seeds
- 1 tablespoon Organic Black Chia Seeds
- 1 tsp maca (optional)
Take your tastebuds on a vacay with this yummy mango banana smoothie bowl by @localrootsdietitian. Brittyn loves sprinkling her smoothie bowls with our Dried Fruit & Nut Salad Toppers for a ready-made topping. Edible flowers optional but encouraged.
- 1 frozen banana
- 1.5 cups frozen mango
- Almond milk
- Top with Dried Fruit & Nut Salad Topper, shredded coconut, and fresh blueberries
This smoothie bowl recipe, courtesy of Kao Inspo, incorporates various protein sources, including chia seeds, peanut powder, peanut butter, almonds, milk, and yogurt.
- 1 single serving container of Greek yogurt (5.3 oz) or non-dairy yogurt
- 2 cups mixed berry fruit (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup almond milk or milk of your choosing
- 1/4 cup Organic Milled Flax Seeds
- 1/4 cup Organic Black Chia Seeds
- 1/4 cup Organic Peanut Powder (mixed with water to desired consistency)
- 1 tbsp Organic Honey
Top with more of the smoothie ingredients!