I recently went on honeymoon in Africa, and while there were many incredible moments of the trip, one of the surprise highlights? A drawn bath with flowers every night (occasionally with a bottle of champagne). There was something really sweet about ending the day with a bath. I had a ready-made space where I could take some time for myself, clear the dirt from the day, and simply be. The ritual made me feel sort of goddess-y, and I slept better afterward.
It turns out I’m not the only one to rediscover the joy of a proper bath. (Read: Baths Are So Hot Right Now and Picking Up Steam Now: The Bath.) While luxe baths certainly look good on Instagram, they have lots of other benefits, too. Baths increase blood flow and ease stiff muscles and joints. They can ease cold symptoms and may help boost immune system function. And you probably don’t need science to tell you that a hot bath is relaxing.
If you’re looking to add more moments of self care to your life, dedicate bath time to indulge a little. Try this lemon bath ritual with uplifting citrus to unwind.
How to draw a vibey bath:
- Set the mood, whatever that looks and feels like for you. Light some candles, put on a soak playlist, and prepare to bathe.
- Slice up 3-4 lemons.
- Fill up your bathtub with warm water.
- Place the slices in your bathwater and add a few pops of green leaves or flowers, if you’d like, for an aesthetic touch.
- Allow lemons to soak in the water for five minutes.
- Leave the phone behind after snapping the scene (I mean, it could fall in the tub!) and truly unplug.
- Step into your bath. If you’re the visualization type, close your eyes and imagine your day melting away. Let this time be yours, in however you need it to be.