These rice krispy treats are a better option to the rice krispies we all grew up with. I added tahini as the main base ingredient along with honey, cacao and melted coconut oil to bind it all together and used organic brown rice krispies. The result? A crunchy, chocolatey bite of nostalgia — without the sugar crash.
- In a small saucepan, gently melt the coconut oil, tahini, honey, salt and cacao powder.
- Whisk together well then pour into a large mixing bowl. Gently fold in your rice krispies.
- Quickly pour into a 9x9 brownie pan lined with parchment paper and place in the freezer to set for 30 minutes.
- Gently remove from the pan and slice into squares (4x4).
- Enjoy straight away, then store any leftovers in a tupperware in the freezer.