We’re all on the hunt for healthy, tasty weekday lunches that will keep us full and energized. These superfood-rich bowls fit the bill. You can make the quinoa and lentils on the weekend, and add the fresh greens, carrot and tangy dressing when it’s time to pack your lunch. (And you can make it vegan just by choosing our Organic Vegetable Broth!)
- 1 cup Brandless Organic Quinoa
- 2 cups Brandless Organic Vegetable Broth
- 1 cup Brandless Organic Green Lentils
- 1 tablespoon Brandless Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups salad greens (for example: mesclun lettuces, baby spinach, or arugula)
- 2 carrots, chopped finely
- 6 tablespoons Brandless Organic Sesame Ginger Dressing & Marinade
- Salt and pepper to taste
Shop all Brandless products featured in this recipe.
- Rinse the quinoa in a fine strainer over the sink, making sure water runs clear.
- In a medium-size pot over medium heat, combine the quinoa and broth. Bring this to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and cover the pot. Let simmer for 15–20 minutes, until all the water is absorbed.
- In the meantime, in another pot, add one tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Once the oil is shimmering, add the chopped onion and cook, stirring frequently, until translucent.
- In the pot with the onion, add 2 cups water and 1 cup lentils, stirring to allow the onion and oil to release from the bottom of the pan.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- When the quinoa and lentils are both done, divide into storage containers and refrigerate until ready to use (will stay fresh for up to five days.)
- To serve, scoop ¾ cup quinoa and ¼ cup lentils into a bowl, top with ¼ cup greens and chopped carrot, and toss with 2 tablespoons of dressing.