In search of the perfect summer entertaining dish? Look no further! Fill up your bowl with Organic Lumaconi Giganti Pasta, homemade vegan kale cashew pesto, and lots of delicious veggies with this recipe by Stephanie of Stephanie Du Jour. This is a great meal for easy entertaining or family dinner— the pasta shape adds an unexpected flair, and it only takes 30 minutes to make. Best served al fresco.
Kale Cashew Pesto
- 3 cups fresh kale, de-stemmed & chopped
- 2 cloves raw garlic
- 1/4 cup Roasted & Salted Cashews
- 6 tbl. Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (use more to thin)
- 4 tbl. nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Pinch of sea salt (to taste)
- Organic Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
- First, prepare the pesto. Combine all ingredients into blender until thick and creamy. Add more olive oil to thin sauce out if it’s too chunky. If you make the pesto ahead of time, add more olive oil before using and mix.
- Refrigerate to keep pesto fresh. Keeps in fridge for 1 week.
- On to the pasta! In a large saucepan, sauté garlic in few tablespoons olive oil, 3-5 minutes until fragrant.
- Add fresh peas & asparagus into pan. Sauté on low-medium flame, 3-5 minutes. Splash in 1/4 cup veggie broth & cover to steam veggies. Add chopped tomatoes. Turn off flame. Add pinch of oregano to veggies. Set aside saucepan.
- Fill large pot with water. Bring to boil.
- Add pasta to boiling water. Cook until al dente. Do not overcook!
- Drain & return to pot. Turn off heat, set aside. Drizzle with olive oil and toss gently. Add a few heaping spoonfuls of pesto to pasta. Toss until well coated. Add veggies. Combine gently.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Serve warm with extra pesto on side. Top each serving of pasta with extra tomatoes, peas & asparagus. Add sprinkle of sea salt, squeeze of lemon & freshly grated pepper to taste.
- Best fresh! Leftovers will keep in fridge up to 2-3 days. Enjoy warmed up in saucepan or at room temperature.