Ready to start cooking? Jump to the recipe.
A delicious bowl of oats with creamy tahini and caramelized bananas is perfect for a big, warm, comforting breakfast on cold mornings. This bowl screams comfort food, but it’s also nourishing.
Tahini Oats With Caramelized Banana
- In a small saucepan in medium high heat, combine the oats, non-dairy milk, water, and salt.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Simmer for 5-10 minutes until the liquid is absorbed and oatmeal is to your desired consistency.
- Add the tahini and stir through the oatmeal.
- While the oatmeal is cooking, prepare the banana. In a medium frying pan at medium heat, melt the coconut oil then add the maple syrup to the pan.
- Place the bananas in the pan, cooking for about 1 minute on each side. Remove the bananas from the pan and add on top of the oatmeal.
- Add desired toppings — nuts and cacao nibs provide some nice crunch. Feel free to add a splash of maple syrup on top for a sweet finish!