What better way to celebrate Brandless’ new wellness products than with a plate of fluffy matcha waffles?! Matcha is made with green tea leaves, but instead of steeping the tea leaves like traditional green tea, the matcha leaves are ground and turned into a powder. Since you consume the whole leaf instead of the diluted tea, you get so much more from the plant!
In this recipe, you can prepare the pancake mix according to Brandless’ instructions (with an egg), or veganize them like I did with a flax egg.
- 1 bag Brandless Gluten-Free Pancake & Waffle Mix
- 2 teaspoons Organic Matcha Powder
- 1 tablespoon Brandless Milled Flax Seeds mix with 2 tbsp water to make flax egg
- 2 tablespoons Brandless Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Brandless Ground Cinnamon
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (more if needed)
- Prepare flax egg using 1 tbsp Brandless Milled Flax Seeds and 1.5 tablespoon hot water. Mix together and let set for 30-60 seconds until a gel forms.
- Warm almond milk and coconut oil together (either in microwave or on stovetop) until completely melted (no coconut oil clumps remain).
- Add Brandless GF Pancake Mix and Matcha Powder to a medium mixing bowl and mix until combined.
- Add flax egg and almond milk/coconut oil mixture and whisk until combined. Do not overmix, small lumps are okay! If it is too thick, add more almond milk; if it is too thin add 1/2 tbsp milled flax seeds and mix thoroughly and let sit for a minute or two to thicken.
- Pour ~1/4 cup batter into hot waffle iron and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until waffle iron alerts you waffles are done.
- Serve with Brandless Organic Maple Syrup or Agave and top with fresh fruit!
- Makes 6-8 waffles. Enjoy!