Oh the things you can do with a great gluten-free pizza crust mix.
You know that situation when lunchtime hits, and you feel like you’ve got nothing to eat, but aren’t quite into the idea of eating out or ordering in?
I’ve been there. Many times. So many, that I mastered the challenge of making something out of nothing. It’s fun!
The key here is having the right things in your pantry. Paired with a vegetable or greens that were hiding in the back of your fridge or freezer, you can create something nourishing and delicious.
Our latest invention is PIZZUCHINI: zucchini covered in Brandless gluten-free Italian herb pizza mix and sautéed in coconut oil.
Pizzuchini are easy to make, extremely satisfying and remind me of the sautéed zucchini from our garden that my grandmother would make growing up in Russia.
Try this recipe with any type of zucchinis that you can find at your local farmer’s market or store, or get creative and use another vegetable that you have available. If you do that – let me know how it goes! Enjoy this recipe and video of us making the sautéed pizzuchini.
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 cup Brandless Gluten Free Pizza Mix
- 2 tablespoons Brandless Organic Garlic & Chili Flake Seasoning Blend
- 1/4 cup coconut oil for cooking
- Optional for additional spice: Brandless Organic Crushed Red Pepper
- Cut the zucchini into circles, approximately 1/4 inch thick.
- Toss the zucchini circles in a bowl with pizza mix and spices.
- Heat up a pan with coconut oil, and fry the zucchini on medium heat on both sides until golden.
- Serve warm or cold, as a side dish or a full meal.